At Vahana Offshore, we strive to create a workplace where accidents do not occur and where no one is exposed to health hazards. Our vessels were made with utmost care in terms of quality such that they provide the highest safety standards at all times. We also endeavour to protect the environment by working to minimise the impact of its activities.
We aim to achieve this by:
- Clearly stating, implementing and achieving the high standards we have set.
- Setting realistic, but challenging, individual and company targets with all levels of management & personnel leading by example to achieve these goals. Instilling a mindset where everyone is accountable for the actions they take to ensure their own safety and the safety of others around them.
- Openly communicating and consulting throughout the company and with interested
parties to ensure information is shared and issues are addressed.
- Providing the adequate resources and competent people as well as other means if necessary to complete a job in a timely, efficient and safe manner.
- Assessing risks and taking appropriate mitigating actions as part of our normal business.
- Managing our contractors to equal our high standards on health, safety and environmental performance.
- Providing an effective response to unplanned events and ensuring that emergency response plans are regularly tested.
- Providing and maintaining safe and healthy workplaces and work practices which meet statutory requirements.
- Regularly checking that our Integrated Management Systems are working effectively and making changes where appropriate. Investigating unplanned events, learning lessons and taking appropriate actions to continuously improve our performance.
“At Vahana Offshore we are determined to succeed in making all Vahana Vessels safe, environmentally conscientious & healthy places to work. We also strive to take full care to minimise the impact on our surroundings / environment as we carry out our day to day operations”.